advertise your opportunity

PAGES

Wednesday 1 February 2017

To speed up checkouts at supermarkets

Our local LIdl has been rebuilt and I love the aesthetic lines of the building and the layout of the aisles. There seems to have been more thought put into the positions of some of the items. At no point do I want to say that these shops do not give value for money or do not have the unusual item of food as I do shop there on a regular basis. I just have a couple of small but important questions to ask.

1. Why put all soft items at the beginning of the shop like bread and fruit? They are just going to get squished in a full trolley!

2. Why have no long table at the end of the till? the cashier has to be good at Tetris, or wait for the customer while she packs into a bag or sweeps items into the trolley to pack into bags later.

3. If you are wanting to speed up the checkout, or get customers to pack at the tables maybe try lowering the cashier chair and get them to put items straight into the trolley/bag.

4.If you are wanting customers to go to a table and pack their items into a bag why would you make that table taller and thinner than the trolley? I tried it once and I would not do it again, my poor back and shoulder was hurting for hours later.

Thankfully my children are adults because if they were still small there is not a cats chance in hell I would take them to an Aldi or a Lidl. As good as my children were as small children you still needed eyes in your backside to watch where they were to keep them safe.

Add trying to pack shopping in bags at the speed the cashier goes, anybody who goes to these type of shops with small kids must be stressed to the limits.


No comments:

Post a Comment