advertise your opportunity

PAGES

Thursday 9 February 2017

Do not copy and paste when requested



While doing my normal scrolling through Facebook this morning. I found the normal post's of proud mummy photo's or did you know this celebrity died, or I went to this pub last night and met up with friends. I also saw motivational pictures and read sad post's. I read the typical share this or share that post.

The ones that I scroll straight on by are the post's that ask me to comment "amen" or "Hi" or wish this little boy "Happy Birthday" or comment "no more" on a horrific picture of an animal that's been abused. The comment also has the words "copy and paste do not share if you are a caring person or don't if you are mean and cruel".

Now I am not, a horrible or mean person! It is just that I know what happens if we all copy and paste facebook posts. They are purposely written to induce an emotional response.
I read a similar blog to the one below a few years ago about this very subject and shared it, but of course like everything on facebook the post disappears after time among all the other posts so this time I decided to attach it to my blog so I could always find it. Then in a month or two when I see one of these posts being copied I will comment with this article address


An Except from the below blog:

When you simply share a post you like with your friends there is no way to track it further than your first share; no way to find out who else has shared it further on.

But if you copy and paste the post exactly, the potential future scammer can find you and target you.
There has been a “copy and paste” post going around recently about animal abuse. As well as the directive to “Do not share” but instead “copy and paste” this, the post contains a key phrase with incorrectly spelled words.

A person who copies and pastes it can easily be found by searching Google with the operand site:facebook.com “key phrase here”

The potential scammer can now see a long, long list of Facebook users who have copied and pasted the exact message about animal abuse.

Now they have a target list of people who they can be reasonably sure will react to a new post, and new “like” request, a new friend request, or some other “support us” plea that is related to animal abuse.

So you have self-selected that you are someone who cares about animal abuse and who is also perhaps a little gullible. You are now a target for a spammer and you are likely to soon be asked for money for some supposedly related cause.


To read more on this subject go to the link.

Do I share or do I copy and paste

After reading this I also realised you could be targetted by post's that contain a virus. So it is now your choice. Please share this and yes I said share this with all your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment